Drivers who passed a car test on or after 1 January 1997 are required to pass an
additional driving test in order to tow large trailers and gain a B+E entitlement.
This is an area of the driving law that has changed and consequently many people
are unaware of its existence.
You will not be required to apply for a provisional licence or sit a theory test,
you can simply just start training and take a test that we will have booked for you
at the end of your course.
We are able to offer training using our own vehicle combination or alternatively
if you have a roadworthy vehicle that meets the DSA Vehicle standards we can carry
out the training using your equipment.
During your experience with us you will be taught all aspects of driving to the required
DSA Standards, you will gain new driving skills which you can put into further practice
once you have passed your test.
If you tow a horse box or even a small trailer with machinery on the back, make sure
you are legal; this short course will ensure you are compliant with DVLA’s licensing
If you are still unsure please give us a call on 01933 654500, where our friendly
customer service team will be able to answer any of your questions.
What is included during your training?
• The DSA reversing manoeuvre and the DSA braking exercise
• Safe methods of moving off and stopping the vehicle
• Correct use of controls, indicators, mirrors and observation techniques
• General road safety, planning and awareness techniques
• Correct use of speed – Road positioning
• Negotiating hazards, junctions and roundabouts
• Basic vehicle management including daily safety vehicle checks
• Your training will consist of driving on different types of roads and we will
use test routes to carry some of these out.
(Car/Van + Trailer)
For prices and further information on our courses please phone:
Discounts available for combined packages, please contact us for further details
on special offers.
LGV Training & Courses based in Northamptonshire, and covering Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire,
Leicestershire, Oxfordshire & Buckinghamshire, including Kettering & Northampton
areas, Bedford, Cambridge, Leicester, Oxford & Milton Keynes
• DSA Approved Instructors
• JAUPT Approved Centre (Drivers CPC)
• Value for money
• Employ our own instructors
• No Middleman
• Independent Training School
Powerdriver UK – Specialists in Transport Training - offers the best in driver and
transport training to the Road Transport, Distribution, Haulage and Logistics related
Large Goods Vehicle driver training and other related courses for:
• LGV C1, C and C+E • B+E (car & Trailer) • Drivers CPC
Plus other short Courses including First Aid, Manual Handling, Shunter Training, Digital
& Analogue Tachograph Training, Qualified Driver Assessment, Refresher driver, Bespoke
courses to suit your needs, Escort Training and all Fork Lift Courses